Sunday, June 19, 2016

A Toast to my School VMS

POW(177+120+256+620+50+79)=UBJ
================================================uddalak banerjee(ubj)

dekha tujhe dekha jab hua main to craize …..Na kar aisi khit pit soniya ..(when I saw you I became crazy for you ….dont do this disturbances now let me have you…)”,the song was flowing out from a not so melodious voice in the bathroom of hostel room at NIT Raipur.His name is UBJ.His words are what the mass always believes.He wears a simple shirt and lives a simple life.He did his schooling from VIVEKANANDA MISSION SCHOOL ,JOKA,KOLKATA,INDIA.He was a studious person in school but yet had enormous number of friends all through.Infact his list of friends is endless.Starting from the fat RITAM BASU to the orexic,lean,thin ARKA BHATTACHARYA his friends spanned people from all personalities ,all tastes ,all levels of excellence (the last of which according to ubj is complete duffer).In VIVEKANANDA mission school in class x there were about 177 students and in class xii there were about 120 students because of the massive cuts that they implemented at class x retaining only the best.Being a student on the brighter side obviously UBJ made it to the first list of SCIENCE in 10 th position based on high scores in physics and chemistry and maths.Even after scoring 95 marks in computers in class xth ubj however decided to skip to biology which was perhaps instrumental in shaping his future producing various vissitudes in his uprising graph..Now all these swings of life and a lot of separate permutations and combinations finally UBJ settled down at NIT RAIPUR with computer science and engg .

“I am the hottest supersexiest coolest rockingest hit hit superhit mindblowing person in the history of human race since the time of cave men.”,he often used to say to most of his friends to which they used to smile and say,”obviously you are…now tell me that again.”In his childhood he used to like to roam about a lot with his friends discovering shortest paths between two places which involved even climbing walls and trees too albeit partially.The friends who used to accompany him at that point of time were AVINANDAN CHATTERJEE and ANIK MAZUMDAR who had been with him since class 3 upto class x .Well anik continued in science but avinandan could not make the cut so had to opt for some other school.Since all of their houses were widely spaced so none could really devote enough time to meet each other regularly like before .Ubj did feel bad over that for he always felt that friends as such are the most devine gifts of god and should be treasured for life.Anyways there were other two friends who also formed part of the gang they were Abhradeep Chatterjee and SAGNIK chakraborty.Abradeep went on to become a DENTIST while Sagnik went on to become an MSC from IIT after completing his bsc from St.Xaviers college.Well with Abradeep there was a problem ,he was more of a mugger and always had an inborn tendency to memorize things which Ubj did not like much.Infact this instinct was more pronounced in TAMAL CHAKRABORTY too who used to memorize even the math book.Inspite of Tamal being a good friend I must say I never liked his this instinct.He was really poor in maths and had to drop out of school in class vii due to maths .After he dropped out in class vii he joined some inferior school but his maths problems persisted all the way to class xii when finally severed ties with it.After class vii he seldom used to visit us maybe owing to the shame or maybe his mother did not allow him to.He like most of us used to feel tensed very easily maybe this is a tendency in most of Indian students owing to the gross competition that he faces but he had a very unique ability which he nourished which was to play the table.He used to sing too in public functions.UBJ had always gone to the public functions that were organized in the locality to see him sing and obviously hear him too.He used to sing Bengali songs mostly band songs,”tomar dekha nai “.Sagnik on the other hand was a landslide topper who had topped perhaps most of the exams we took starting from the nursery I, nursery 2 ,transition ,class 1 ….and so on.He was a boy with firm goals and extremely industrious.He used to participate in extra curriculars like eloqution and used to encourage Ubj to participate in them too.But then at that point of time UBj was too shy to speak and always wanted to listen more .Apart from them the friends I remember a lot include mainak basu,bibek raychaudhuri,priyanka ,krishnakali.Well mainak basu was a man of firm principles but a very loveable person whose intelligence was far more than his height.He had been in the same section with me for aslong as 10 years from the beginning to the very end.So we obviously had a great friendship going and this was further enhanced by us sitting together for more than 4 years.We had always mostly sat in adjacent benches for the remaining years.He scored surreptitious 96 and 95 percent in the 10th and 12th respectively but couldnot make it big in medicals and had to settle for a below par rank of 1300 in WBJEE.He was not really comfortable in maths so engg never occurred to him although he used to score in the 80s regularly .As for bibek priyanka and krishnakali well I must say that we formed the best quartlet that ever were in the history of human race.They gave me the best part of my life interms of schooling and joy of schooling.They made school real fun for me.People like Dipayan jana ,Abhishek Ganguly ,Ankan Ray ,Arko roy became very good friends in class xii but this period with krishnaki,priyanka ,bibek mainak is UBJ’S GOLDEN PERIOD OF VMS.

Bibek was more of effeminate kind of person.He was very femalish in nature with an accent which resembled more females than males but it was a joy being with him because he was good from heart.BEFORE class ix I never used to sit with girls and used to always try to avoid them because that was the training which all conservative middleclassfamilies in india pass on to the next generation.There used to be sitting arrangements decided by school teachers .On the day of sitting arrangement I was absent owing to fever.Now the only place left was that on the “girls bench”between 9 girls.3 in the bench before and 4 in the bench adjacent to it at the back and 2 in the bench I had.Now it was real tough to get going initially because I was not used to this and I kept the bag between them and me.It was hard going UBj repeatedly kept on asking the classteacher to change the sitting arrangement .But she used to smile and say”why?are girls untouchables?”.I even approached the principal to make a sitting arrangement change.But there too the class teacher’s view was iterated.Principal Keya Sinha said,”No obviously no…first you did not come to class on that day and second what harm can it be? Apart from that the world is huge if you have no problems to talk to me and come to me at all times then what problem do you have with these girls?”.UBj did not say anything, just ruminated on it for sometime and finally accepted the verdict.
After about 3 months we started to become best of friends.Starting from interaction in the beginning to dialogue at later stages .I was immensely popular in boys but used to be very shy with the girls.The boys used to make fun of me for being forced to sit with the girls but gradually that faded off .Priyanka used to say,”tu to top karega 80 ke neeche baat nahi hoti..apna to 40 ate ate dham tuth jati hai..”.I used to say,”to parti kiu nahi hai ?hamesha shahrukh aur shahrukh aur shahrukh..pareshan hogaya is naam se..bas”.She used to say,”so whose name should I take ,yours?”.I immediately defended saying,”I did not say that absolutely.You know what I think that u should consider anik mazundar he is the macho personality ..i think he is just the man for you,”.Priyanka used to say,”I will break your teeth if you say that nonsense again”.I used to reply saying,”jaanam dekhlo mitgayi duriya ..hum yeha hai yeha hai yeha..”.She used to look back and say,”for whom was that song for?”.”for You and Anik ..the tonic”,I replied.In her bid to try to change the topic she used to say,”can you show me maths ..i have problems In maths ..and u are master genius in it.”.I used to say ,”yes I love to coach but for that you need time ..in the newpaper yesterday there was a news on u and anik..u two were caught and reprimanded near the bitch for posing nude scenes and promiting vulgarity by promiscuous means..if you know what that means.”.Priyanka used to say,”which newspaper ..i take statesman hindu and times of india..there was no such news..”.I used to say,”in navbharat..page no 2.but there is no need for panic it is ok.I mean if someone wants to have a piece of other ..it is no harm in it..its GOD’s gift enjoy it..OM SAI OM.I am always the faithful follower of GOD the almighty.” Priyanka used to smirk back,”jai baba ji ki jai!should I call debolina?”.I used to say ,”what nonsense !! She is in class vii come on!”.”So ?class ke kya matlab hai ! she is good looking smart.and she likes you” .In the mean time Krishnakali used to be very silent and used to take this for fun and enjoy it thoroughly.I used to pull her hair also by simple mascular force.Infact I used to pull her hair strong and she used to scream and say,”chor chor chor..it is paining offo”.Krishnakali used to say,”this is a very bad habit of yours to pull hair.”.I used to say “but you were smiling and when you smile I feel that my hand starts to etch..you know doctor ki aulad”.”my father ,uncle and grandfather is a doctor but my mother is not”,used to be her reply.I used to say,”ooooo hai hai the world has collapsed ..for such a grave anamoly..in my full ancestry there are all jamindars and talukdars ..I have bankers all of them in my family all SBI,UBI,VIJAYA BANK,HONGKONGBANK everything but I don’t have a single doctor! So?.”.She used to smile and say” baba ke ghar me DOCTOR ki kami thorai hai?DEBOLINA KI TO PURI FAMILY Hi doctor hai”.
Anyways time flew off we had to part ways at class x as krishnakali ,priyanka, bibek all were shown the door from school as they were not given Science.And none were ready to take commerce.There were only 60 seats in Science so the stake was huge.To frankly confess I must say that I used to feel bored in class xii classes and did not enjoy so much as I did in class x with these people around me .There were friends in class xii in SAPTAMA AND SUMOULI BUTthey were absolutely study bugs.Then in class x there was others like SOUVIK MUKHERJEE,ARKO MUKHERJEE,JOY SAHA ,ROHAN BANERJEE,JUPITER GUHA,ANKAN RAY,ABHISHEK SARKAR AND CHAUDHURY,ayon ,DEBRAJ the ratoooo(doing MBBS from calcutta medical in 2nd attempt in WBJEE) AND THE GREAT ARNAB GANGULY(CS ,JADAVPUR UNIV,MY GURU AND ICON) who deserve special mention for making life enjoyable and lending variation in life of whom only arnob,Jupiter,ankan,souvik,abhishek and ayon made it to class 12 in vms with science I missed the rest also very badly including joy ,debraj ,rohan and all in particular. I have always loved each of you and Abhishek GANGULY AND DR DIPAYAN JANA (mbbs Calcutta medical)for being with me in tough years of my life and even now keeping our friendship ever young.We used to talk a lot about each other and their houses and all.It was like a real dreamy time which I forever missed and miss even now.I don’t know I will ever see them again or not but they were the best I will ever have.In Pt we later on had such kind of climate having 79 good strong friends there was a milestone in itself with SHASHANK,ARJUN ,VIVEK ,PRASHANT ,NITIN,DIPTI,SWATI KHETRI, AVANI RATHOD, ANKITA KEJRIWAL,SURESH PANJWANI, ,AMIT ,AND RATAN ,and many more who have given me a place in their hearts and mind as a friend and a fellow companion in the voyage of life.This time faces of Priyanka and Krishnakali were taken by Avani and Ankita and DEBOLINA WAS replaced with EJ .In college too there came super rocking party of magnamous personalities each having abundance of distinction from each other leading to great diversity and a super hot rocking party making life a joy..VIKRAM SINGH PARIHAR( MY ICON GURU),ANIMESH PANT,PRASHANT SINHA(PAROO) ,VIKASH AGRAWAL,HITAISH DURUGKAR ,VINAY VERMA,ASHUTOSH JHA AND SAU ,CHANDAN AGRAWAL AND DASH,DEBASHISH PANDA,VIVEK DEWANGAN,SUDIPTO SARKAR,SOORAJ,BHARAT,SUDATTA,RAMJI,ABHISHEK AND PRAKUR CHAUHAN,BANSIDHAR,PRABHAKAR,RAKESHJHA,SUDARSHAN SARAF,AMUL BADJATIYA,K.RAJESH ,PAAVNI,MADHULIKA,PRIYANKA ,SUMEDHA AND MEDHA PANDAY,NIKITA NARAIN ,BHARTI BASKEY ,MAULI,VIVEK AGRAWAL,RAHUL JAIN,KSHITIJ KASHAP,VIVEK THE BETI,ANKUR JAIN,PRAVIN SINGH,PRAVEEN SINGHAL,PRADIP,ABHISHEK,ARUN JAIN,MAIDHAR,SHINDE AND VIVEK SINGH MARKAM each of whom are super special for me and love them all intensely and live in my breath and form an integral part of my power. But then class x was the purest and most uncomplicated year of my life which I thoroughly enjoyed .THE 50 AND 256 WERE THE OTHER SET OF PEOPLE WHOM I MET AND ENJOYED IN NIT JSR AND PRIVATE COACHINGS ….INCLUDEING CONSPICUOUSLY YASH MODI(IIM C)now oldest friend,SHANKAR,RAJNISH,RANVIJAY PRATAP,NITIN GOTHI,DAKOJO AMARNATH,AMARNATH,RAHUL SINGH,PROFESSOR VINOD, PAPPU, PROFESSOR SAAB ,MASCARAS XAVIER, ANKITA THE FMS GIRL, NEHA SACHDEVA, APARAJITA ,SUNIL KUMAR ,UJJWAL .All these girls they stayed on in my life in the form of numbers but yes both for them and me the experience that we had were awesome and it changed the very dynamics of my life and the mechanism of my thought.I love you all 177 and 120 AND 620 AND 256 AND 79 AND 50 and will always do that .for the love and recongnition you gave me.I hope for those reading the story whose name have not figured in this ..please never mind for that in some story you will definitely figure in for I treasure each of you individually and each of you are irreplaceable in my life.THIS ONE WAS FOR SCHOOL MOSTLY FOR COLLEGE YOU HAVE A NOVEL COMING BECAUSE 620 IS A HUGE NUMBER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment